8 necessary concepts to learn more about the digital world
The digital world is advancing by leaps and bounds and in parallel, education as a tool is becoming increasingly relevant to face challenges related to advances in technology.
According to figures from the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (CEPAL), “in the region, less than 40% of the population has basic computer skills. Regarding more advanced skills, the figure is lower, less than 25% know how to connect and install new devices or software”.
According to Matías Laks, general manager of Rappi Colombia, “as a result of these more than eight years of experience in the market, we have shown how digital education is an essential element. We constantly make a call to the academy, so that it educates young people and teachers about the importance of technology in all economic and life fields”.
It is imperative to adapt almost daily to the new rules of the game in this sector; collaborative learning enhances skills and builds knowledge collectively. That is why, below, we will explain 8 basic concepts that will allow you to understand trends and use them for your student project and/or entrepreneurship:
Security is a necessity: it has been shown that it is vital to develop a good information protection strategy. In the different business ideas, tools are being implemented based on premises such as:
Have prevention systems: by monitoring the behavior of the connections, anomalies are detected in time. To implement it, machine learning algorithms are used to automatically identify the strongest threats.
Protect data with blockchain technology: if an attack arrives, this technology encrypts and 'chains' the information automatically with a system that is almost impossible to break, which would prevent data from being hijacked.
2. The metaverse changes the entire digital landscape: it is a concept that denotes the next generation of the internet, which describes an immersive and multisensory experience in the applied use of various devices and technological developments. The purpose of a metaverse is not to function in isolation, but rather to build bridges between the virtual world and the real world; this trend is getting stronger, it will be a union between virtual reality, augmented reality and the blockchain.
3. The use of the cloud is here to stay: companies will continue to migrate their critical systems to developments such as artificial intelligence, machine learning and data analysis. More players apart from Amazon, Microsoft and Google will come due to the antitrust laws that operate in some countries.
4. How does quantum computing work?: It is expected that there will be a growth in the integration of classical computing infrastructures with quantum computing that has the purpose of specialized data processing. This technology promises to decrease energy use, making new computers faster and more efficient than traditional ones.
5. Robotic process automation will continue to take hold: It's known as the step-by-step approach to automating workflows performed by people today. Not only will it continue to be implemented in large companies, but it will also reach other industries such as manufacturing, retail and/or banking, generating changes in production and labor models.
6. Alternative currencies gain strength in a context such as the metaverse: the blockchain, the NFT (certificate that allows a digital asset to be given value) and bitcoin are directly related to an economic model in a 100% digital scenario.
7. Virtual and augmented reality will be key pillars for the customer experience: v-commerce will go beyond virtual worlds and games to redefine how we consume, in this and in all other realities. For example, Nike recently introduced NIKELAND, the metaverse on the Roblox gaming platform. Players can equip their avatar with Nike products and travel through a virtual world dominated by sports.
8. Edge computing or edge computing: it is related to the deployment of the 5G network; provides ten times faster mobile Internet with very low latency, as well as more bandwidth. In this way, it facilitates the management and performance of companies, better understanding consumer behavior, avoiding shortages, improving the performance of factories and applications, among others.